Saturday, July 26, 2008

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to...

Wow, it's been awhile. So, Barcelona was basically like Mexico...except for instead of Mexican people, there were Spanish people...soo yeah. Nice beaches, but not that nice of a city. We went to the beach for a couple hours and I got so sunburnt that I couldnt wear pants for a few days and had to buy a dress. That sucked. Also, in Antibes we had another bedbug attack...well, Aud was fine but Andrew and I were attacked. So, now it's my turn to look like a leper. Madrid was amazing! We had a great hostel with a private bathroom (very rare) and the city was really nice and much cheaper than Barcelona. We had tapas and sangria, and we shopped (of course). Then, we were going to Paris via overnight train, thinking we had a sleeper compartment with beds...so, we get to our part of the train and go in and WHAT DO WE FIND THAT WE HAVE PAID 40 EUROS FOR?!?! Chairs. For 12 hours. Chairs. So, that sucked. Worst sleep of my life. But then we arrived in Paris and it was lovely. We had some great food, saw the Eiffel Tower, etc, shopped...yada yada. Basically it was awesome, and the people were (surprisingly) really nice to us. Although this was the only place i've ever been to where people immediately pegged me as an English-speaker...and sometimes they would yell things at me on the street. Normally people think I speak German before they hear me speak, so it was a little weird.
We had to take a bus to the airport from Paris, so we got to the bus station and we ask this guy if its the right bus and he YELLS AT US and says, "your bus left 30 minutes ago! You're late! Put your stuff under the bus and get on, OKAY?!" So, we were freaking out about missing our flight for the hour bus ride, then we get there and had like 30 minutes just SITTING AROUND at the airport. So, that was stressful. Then, we get to the hostel in Dublin and I go up to the front desk and say my name and give them the confirmation number and they say, "ohhhh YOU'RE Jessica Wilson, this came for you" and they gave me a HUGE box from my Dad and Stepmom with chocolates and champagne, and then they told me that I have no reservation and the confirmation number was for a room July 17th...so I start SOBBING because I didnt want to be homeless on my 21st birthday. After about 2 hours trying to find a new hotel, we decided on this hotel right in the middle of the main street in Dublin which is really nice and fairly inexpensive, AND the guy at reception gave us free full breakfast because of what happened at the other place and because it's my birthday :)
Then we had a lot of Guinness. Then life was better. And now we're going to go to the Guinness Brewery for my birthday! Woohoo! :)

No comments: