First of all, I forgot to mention last time I blogged that I went to a respectable coffee chain (The Republic of Coffee), and when I paid for my coffee, apparently they didnt have enough change for my modest bill. So, they gave me a...can you guess?... didn't think so...an IOU. Seriously. Like, seriously. An IOU...OMG. It was kind of cool.
Well, Aud talked about what we did in Moscow already so I'm not going to get into that. Moscow is a nice place, but it's a little too crowded and dirty for my taste. It was great seeing Lenin's body --he looks good. It was nice to have a hotel with intense water pressure--it felt like a machine gun of water. It was really great when the shower head fell... ironically on my head. We went to a huge souvenir market where I put my bargaining skills to the test. Turns out, i'm not too good. Nevertheless, I bought some nice things including a beautifully hand-painted laquer box with a shell cover and a tea pot, all the things I need to become a housewife. It was a lot of fun walking around and seeing all the vendors and trinkets, and I was suprised to find out that I understood more Russian than I thought I would AND the vendors spoke to me in Russian (meaning that my accent and skill might not be so bad after all). The train ride to Moscow was lovely. We had air conditioning, a big room, nice beds, nice bathrooms, and...air conditioning. The train ride back to St. Petersburg was slightly less luxurious and slightly more... Soviet. We were basically on a really fast box car with ...no air conditioning, really small uncomfortable beds and room, and a bathroom that could have come out of a 1920s horror film. The toilet emptied directly on to the tracks and you could actually see the tracks moving when you flushed. Okay, enough with bathrooms. When we got back to St. Petersburg we had to go directly to school :(. I have never seen a class so completely out of it before...the teacher anwsering her own questions..come on now. At least I think she was answering her own questions...I was asleep. Advice if you're wondering which city is better...ST. PETERSBURG. They have air conditioning.... I still cant believe they gave me that IOU.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment