Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yesterday (Monday) consisted of another boring day of class and freezing cold weather. A group of us got some delicious Italian lunch then went our separate ways. Another Jessie and I decided to go shopping by where I live, where I'd seen a mall - basically, all the shopping sucks here, which may or may not be a good thing. It started to pour buckets and the wind was almost unbearable. I waited for a bus for about 20 minutes because I was not about to walk it that weather. When I finally got home, I slept for like 2.5 hours and kind of ate dinner. A group of us met up later and went to this sweet place by my house to have some beer, ice cream, and hookah - it's a really nice, and very reasonably priced, place and we'll probably go back sometime. I cannot get enough sleep here because I can't get over being sick (this weather is not helping). Anyways, I still got up for school this morning (maybe a bad idea) and suffered through it. My class pretty much just watched a Russian movie. After class we went to this really nice Georgian restaurant with the entire group (paid from program money). It was absolutely delicious. Then we all went to this really awesome cafe for dessert. After the cafe, we sloppily tried to find an internet cafe and were not lead very well. Of course, once we split up, I found one almost immediately. It's way better than the one by our house and I will definitely bring the group back here. It took me a while to figure things out here, but a young boy saw me struggling and totally helped me out - that was nice. Anyways, I think I'm staying in tonight, but the rest of the group is getting together to watch the soccer game on TV. Well, that's all for now, but I'm sure I'll catch you up soon (I'm pretty good at this).

No comments: