Thursday, June 5, 2008
Ok, so I think I'm gonna try to keep my blogs shorter because days are starting to run together. Class was much better on Wednesday. We went to McDonalds after class - it was quite interesting. Then a small group of us went shopping for a sweatshirt/jacket for me because it's freezing here in the morning and I didn't bring enough warm clothes. Malls are pretty cool but very expensive here. Something I found interesting was that there was a gun/sword shop in the middle of the mall. Crazy! We were all very tired and decided to relax at a restaurant in the mall. Our waitress was very nice even though we struggled a bit language-wise. The metro ride home was the craziest rush hour I've ever seen in my entire life! It took us like 20 minutes just to get through the front doors into the station! We finally got home for dinner and met up again later on to go out. We went to Nevsky and walked around FOREVER until we finally found a place to go - we are very indecisive. On the walk, we met a girl, Sam, from England who was here alone for 2 months, so we invited her out with us. She's very cool, is 22 (almost 23!), and has a degree in Russian. At the place we went to, "Klub Sendvich" (aka "Club Sandwich"), we had beer and bought a nice bottle of Russian vodka to take a couple rounds of shots from. I feel like I'm officially welcomed, lol. It was a lot of fun there but we had to get home before the bridge went up and transportation shut down for the night. I got home just fine just as it was turning dark (still weirds me out). Class was good again today, it went by pretty fast. I feel like I'm absorbing more and more every day. We walked to this awesome blini place for lunch which took a while, but it was tasty. Then we split up and went home. Jess showed me her place (it looks like a castle compared to mine) and we went to the internet cafe, which is where I am now. Tonight we plan to see a movie at a theater (of course dubbed in Russian), which should be good. All is well here and I'm having a lot of fun. I uploaded pictures on facebook because I'm not sure I can do that on here. I love you all and I'll talk to you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment