Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ok, so you all know about Novgorod and the weekend of touring we had. Since we were SO tired from the long weekend, we all stayed in a basically slept Sunday night, which was nice. Monday started with classes once again (not exactly our favorite part of the trip...I'm sure you're all very surprised). After class, Jess and I went on an afternoon date (we REALLY needed time away from the group). We walked to Letnie Sod (Summer Garden) which was beautiful and the weather was gorgeous. Then we walked around some souvenir shops on the way to Nevsky for lunch. Lunch was good and kinda fancy. We went to a cafe/restaurant that an American we met at the airport had recommended called Cafe Literaturnoye - it was a good recommendation. In the evening, we met up with about half the group and just kinda hung out by the canal. It was really nice weather and we didn't really have any ideas of what to do. Later on, when the mosquitoes started to get to us, we went to a nearby cafe for ice cream and cappuccinos. There was live music and lots of really funny older people dancing - good people watching to say the least. They all wanted us to dance and one guy even offered to pay us to dance (kinda sketch). It was a fun but chill night. Today we had class again. My class has culture day on Tuesdays where we mostly watch movies and talk about holidays and stuff. Two of five people were missing from my class because I guess they were sick of something. Then, at break, Oren, another guy in my class got really sick and ended up needed medical attention. He's ok now, but it was a little scary at the time. It was quite interesting finishing today's class with only two students...whom know the least Russian. After class, Masha took us to St. Issac's Cathedral and we went to the very top to see an amazing view of the city. I took lots of pictures/videos so I'm sure you'll all see them eventually. The group was going somewhere else after that but it's hot out and I'm really kinda sick of sight-seeing and being with the group all the time, so I split off. This weekend is Moscow, which should be a lot of fun so stay tuned for Moscow adventures. Well, I guess that's all for now, I hope you're all enjoying your summer and Jess and I will talk to you soon!

Audrey

No comments: